CYO Athletic Code of Ethics
CYO athletic competition is means of training young people to enjoy healthful sports but with the end, that win or lose, they learn to respect opponents, officials, and spectators.
It is important that all concerned with the CYO athletic program follow this code:
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To stress the values derived from being fair.
- To show cordial courtesy to opponents and officials.
- To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of officials.
- To achieve through understanding and acceptance of the rules and standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of initiative and good judgment by the players.
- To recognize that the purpose of competition is to promote the physical, mental, social and emotional, well-being of the players.